My highs and my lows

ERASMUS rulez...Madrid rulez...and what else is goin' on in Karos world!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hola chicos! Don't think that I'm lazy...I just have no Internet at home....and have to come back to my old hostel to get online....and it sucks! Yesterday I went with Robert (my roommate from Austria) to a teleshop to get informed about the Internet offers...we found a quite cheap package and have to discuss it with our landlord (Pilar). Hope everything will be fine and we get it soon! Last Friday I finished my Spanish language course and even though the level was not that high I think that it'll help me! The best thing is that I met many many Erasmus students from all over the world with whom I'm doin most of the things in Madrid. Everyday there is something goin on...sightseeing, trips, tours, parties, dinner or just chilling at somebodies place or in the centre of Madrid. This is a city which does never sleep! You even cannot get bored...u just have to open the door and u are standing amidst all this impressive life! I miss all of of u sooo much however I cannot imagine that I have to leave this town some day...The last weeks were amazing and it would take me ages to tell u everything but here are some impressions I collected...I was in the theatre Albeniz and saw 'El lago de los cisnes' (Schwanensee) presented by the National Ballet of Cuba...I was in one of Madrids most famous museums "La Reina Sofia" which presents a lot of amazing art...amongst other things Picassos 'Guernica'! (ohh I love this city)..furthermore there was at the 23.09. 'La noche en Blanco' when all museums and cultural meeting points where open and for free all night from 23.00-7.00am! This was also a great Erasmus night where we afterwards went on big 'marcha'...party party party! Something for the boys...u can be jealous because I saw the stadion of Real Madrid...and it looks really impressive...I even could have go to the partido against Dinamo Kiew for 15,- but I thought that I'll see my first match maybe with Steffen!? Of course, I was hundreds of times shopping...because everywhere u go...u see Zara, s'fera, Mago...etc...they are everywhere and we're becoming big friends*-) Madrid is definitely a place to be outside all the day and meet people...just go home to have a short Siesta and come back for the big Fiesta afterwards. People love to sit in small pubs, cafes or bars everybody next to each other, very overcrowded but cosy! Hope u'r all having fun too...Think I shouldn't occupy this computer any longer...sorry that I cannot show u pictures now...but I hope next time....so stay curious!
Besos, Karo
"Noche en Blanco" pictures made near Puerta del Sol!
"La Noche en Blanco"
Palacio of
Communication...


In the morning hours...the streets are full of people.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home