My highs and my lows

ERASMUS rulez...Madrid rulez...and what else is goin' on in Karos world!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm sorry that I didn't write for so long but I was busy with running through Madrid searching for a flat or a room. This city is amazing, every time I walk out of the underground I'm standing in a completely new district which seems to be as big as Breda. The metro system is very complex... its an underground jungle and I guess that I spend 40% of the day there (like a mole). Its a labyrinth full of stressed people hurrying in all directions and I'm always surprised how this works?! It seems to me, secret laws rule the whole system: on moving stairs its only allowed to overtake somebody on the left, its normal that upstairs women have to carry her buggies alone furthermore does nobody (except me and the other strangers) carry an underground map along (I think its to be branded as 'no' madrilleno). What else is going on in the downs of Madrid I'll tell you next time;-)
I have good news: I found a room in a flat which I share with two other guys: Luca from Roma and Robert from Austria. Its not far from the centre and I'm sooo happy right now! Yesterday I moved in and we inaugurated (einweihen) it by cooking
Spaghetti together with two other Italians (I guess in the real Italian way). This night was the first time I slept in my own bed, in my own room in our own flat. The last four days were only ups and downs... every time I got an appointment with a land lord I prayed 'Please, let it be the one!' and afterwards the reality was even crueler than expected. But this is over and I can start to enjoy Madrid in a relaxed way.
My Spanish course has started on Monday and of course I met thousands of new Erasmus students from all over the world:-) Tonight we're going out to a club in the centre of Madrid. Lets see what the nightlife has to offer!
Luca and Robert sitting in our living room...
Me, Ozge and Kathi in the Metro...
The metro plan:

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Kalinka said...

jajaja kommt ja noch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home